HERCA is a voluntary association in which the Heads of Radiation Protection Authorities work together in order to identify common issues and propose practical solutions for these issues. HERCA is working on topics generally covered by provisions of the EURATOM Treaty. The programme of work of HERCA is based on common interest in significant regulatory issues.
The goal of HERCA is to contribute to a high level of radiological protection throughout Europe. In order to achieve this goal, the association will:
- Build and maintain a European network of chief radiation protection regulatory authorities, with the definite wish to involve ALL such regulatory authorities, throughout Europe
- Promote the exchange of ideas and experiences, avoiding unnecessary duplication of work and learning from one another’s best practices
- Develop a common approach to radiation protection and the way it is transposed into regulation
- Discuss and, where appropriate, express its consensus opinion on significant regulatory issues.
- About HERCA
- The Uniqueness of HERCA
- Terms of reference of HERCA - 22 October 2014